- “Network Assist, which is intelligent software built into Google Wifi to provide you with the fastest possible speed. Behind the scenes, Network Assist automatically helps you avoid Wi-Fi congestion, and transitions you to the closest Wi-Fi point for the best signal.” (Source: https://madeby.google.com/wifi/)
- Google WiFi app. This app will be used for complete control and management of your home network and will allow for the admin to pause a users access and much more.
Google’s latest flagship smartphones have been revealed with the monikers Pixel (5″ version) and Pixel XL (5.5″ version). Nexus is officially dead. You heard it here first folks. The Nexus team will still be providing support; however, these phones note the end of an era of vanilla Android goodness and Pixel will take it’s place.
- Google Assistant built in with Android 7.1, first device with this software addition.
- Camera bump gone with a unique tapered design.
- Best scoring camera of any smartphone….ever.
- Newly designed Pixel launcher to getting to your favorite apps quickly and accessing Google Assistant in a moment.
Bottom line: The new Pixel devices from Google seem promising. Another step at taking back Android from OEMs and making a solid entry into doing that. With phones made by Google, users can expect a lot more from their devices such as quality support, updates when they are released and non-crippled experience that wouldn’t be bogged down by carrier and manufacturer bloat.